Today I want to share a recipe that will be complete on a couple of days when the next post comes (Red velvet cupcakes). I used it to decorate cupcakes, but in a cake it will be OK. Her it goes!
- 300 g – 2 1/2 cups icing/confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 50 g – 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature.
- 125 g- 4 oz. cream cheese, cold.
- Beat the sugar and butter in electric mixer or a handheld electric whisk on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it’s completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Do not overbeat, as it can quickly become runny.
- Use it to decorate cakes or muffins. You can use a spoon or a pastry bag.
In a couple of days I’ll be adding a post with a recipe where I used this frosting. Hope you enjoy it!!!!