Today I want to share this easy recipe I made last Thursday. It’s a quick pastry perfect for desserts or for an afternoon picnic.
- Frozen puff pastry.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tablespoon sugar.
- Some flour.
- Remove the pastry from the freezer an hour before you start cooking the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (392ºF)
- Put some flour on a flat surface and with the roller work the pastry until it’s thick enough to put it on the mold.
- On the mold, put some vegetable paper and the pastry, shaping the edges the way you prefer.
- Beat the egg and paint the edges with a brush. With a fork, hole all the center, this will prevent the pastry to swell up the middle.
- Bake the pastry for 20-25 minutes.
- While the pastry is inside the oven, clean the strawberries and cut them in slices about 3 mm thick. (You can cut them as thick as you want but the thicker they are the less cooked they will be).
- Put the strawberries on the middle of the pastry, spread the sugar on the fruits with a spoon and bake for 5 more minutes
- Cool on a grid and enjoy it!
You can use different fruits in this recipe, also can mix different ones so be creative!!!!
Hope you like it!