Being a student for so long can be sometimes really stressful and demotivating. It is easy to get lost and lose sight of your goals and it is easy to is fall into a whirlpool of negative thoughts and stop working on them. So what do I do when i feel like this?
Lately I’m suffering from a lack of motivation rather intense and with this post I decided to research a little bit and see what can I do to improve it, to feel better and to start doing things to feel better. Websites I’ve been reading always say the same, there are a few steps you can take and a few things to keep in mind.
But first of all, what it is motivation? Motivation is literally the desire to do things. Motivation is always in motion, there are days you feel a burst of energy to fight for something (let’s say your goal) and other days you feel incapable of doing anything. The good news are that you can influence your levels of motivation with a few steps.
- Develop a good plan of action. Divide your goals in smaller pieces. Those pieces will be checkpoints for achieving the goal itself. Don’t forget to celebrate as you achieve the “mini-goals”.
- Keep your mental and physical strength. Use it to achieve what you really want to get. Don’t waste it on things that take you away or distract from your goal.
- Spare no efforts or decisions. That means, if there’s a concrete step you need to do, do it.
- Never lose sight of your goal. Deal with drawbacks when they appear. You decided to fight for that goal and you have to deal with difficulties.
- Don’t waste your time complaining. You waste too much energy on something non-productive.
- Force yourself to act. There will be moments you will feel with not much energy or that you will have to do things you don’t like. Then, self-control is the key. Don’t think about if you feel like doing it, just do it.
- Take advantage from the days you feel happier or with an energy burst. It is on those days when you have to do stuff that cost you.
- Surround yourself with optimistic people. People who fight for what they want to get. It is contagious.
- Pay attention on what you’ve achieved.
- Enjoy the path.
Do you have any tips? Do you thing it will work? I’m trying my best with this, so let’s see what happens.