Sooo, it’s been more than a week and thought it was time to share another post. This DIY it’s been on the top of my to-blog-list for a long time.
Since I live in a rented flat, in which I’ve been living for the past 5 years, I’ve never paid much attention to decor. That past year I’ve been feeling the urge of creating a more comfortable atmosphere by giving it a personal touch but also, I don’t want to spend much money redecorating it because I’m not sure for how long I’ll be living here. So I’ve been searching for bargains, thinking on restyle old furniture and making big lists of DIY that will be a good mix to the house.
One thing that makes you feel really at home are those photos you’ve been taking for years and never printed, photos you like or just remind you of your family and friends. DIY made with photos are very common and last spring, after seeing a big amount of them, I just felt inspired and made one. I just selected some photos that make me feel inspired or just remind me of someone I love.
- Some rope
- Crafting clothespins
- Sorted photos
- Cut 5 or 6 rope pieces the length you want make your photo wall. Make a knot on the top of every piece the way it shows on the image.
- Organize the photos the way you want them to be on the photo wall.
- Fix the photos on the different pieces of rope with the clothespins.
- Pass another piece of rope trough every knot you did before. Make sure to cut this one of sufficient length. Use a few more clothespins to prevent the vertical ropes moving
- Do a knot on every side of the horizontal rope.
- Use a couple of thumbtacks to hang it on the wall.
As you can see, I didn’t struggle much while doing this DIY, but that’s the kind of handcraft you feel so proud of how it turned! I hanged it right in front of my desk and enjoy it while studying. I really love that you can change the photos every time you want to.
Hope you all are doing well and enjoy your weekend!