- The Happy Birthday Printable.
- Glue stick.
- Cut the flags.
- Bent by the middle line.
- Punt some glue on the reverse of the flags.
- Put a toothpick in the middle and close.
I found the cupcake’s recipe on my favourite confectionery blog: Objetivo: Cupcake Perfecto, the one in Spanish that I found thanks to my friend Esther. I wanted to follow her chocolate recipe but since I was in Barcelona and couldn’t find the vanilla extract I had to change it for caramel and, once I started thinking, my mind couldn’t stop and ended adding some raspberry jam.
- 2 eggs.
- 140 g/ 5 oz sugar.
- 115 g/4 oz flour.
- 120 g/4.2 oz butter.
- 2.5 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used Cola Cao, wich is similar to Nesquick but with less sugar).
- A teaspoon baking powder.
- A teaspoon caramel.
- 70 ml milk.
- 125 g/ 4.5 oz unsalted butter at room temperature.
- 110 g/ 5.5 oz icing sugar.
- 1 teaspoon caramel.
- 3 tablespoon milk.
- Raspberry jam.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ºC/ 320 ºF.
- Line the cupcakes pan with 12 papers cases.
- Mix the milk and the caramel.
- Sieve the flour, the cocoa and the baking powder.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until creamy.
- Add half the flour and cocoa mix and beat untill well incorporated.
- Add the milk and beat again.
- Add the other half of flour and beat until mixed.
- Put the batter on the paper cases. Remember not to fill more than 2/3 of the paper case.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Let them cool on a rack.
- Sieve the icing sugar.
- Beat the butter and the sugar at low speed for one minute.
- Beat the batter at medium-high speed for one more minute.
Putting all together:
- Once cold, drain the cupcakes with an apple corer.
- Fill the hole with raspberry jam.
- Cover the top of the cupcakes with the buttercream.
- Decorate with colour sparkles.
- Prick the flags on the top and enjoy!
I had so much fun cooking this cupcakes and everyone loved them! ^_^
Have a nice Friday! xoxo