Today I’m starting the second weekly serie: Cooking Frydays, and I decided to start with a simple and tasty one, Plum cake. I love it, it’s a perfect breakfast and a very versatile dish.
I like to bake it every once in a while, always fill it with chocolate and nuts, sometimes add some raisins. And the best part of it it’s that it takes not longer than half an hour (+ 1 hour baking time).
So here we go girls, put on your apron and start cooking!
- 250 g of flour (8.82 oz)
- A bag of baking powder (about 15 g/0.52 oz)
- 3 medium eggs
- A natural yogurt (125 g/4.42 oz)
- 250 g of sugar
- 125 g of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC/356 ºF.
- Beat eggs whites until stiff.
- Add the yolks, and the sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Mix the baking powder and the flour. Add to the batter and stir again.
- Incorporate the oil.
- Add the chocolate chips, the walnuts and the raisins. Stir again.
- Put the batter on the plum cake mold and bake for about one hour. To make sure it’s cooked enough, prick the cake with a toothprick and if when you take it out it’s clean, it means you can turn off the oven. It should not last longer than an hour, less than 45 minutes if it’s a fan oven.
So, that’s it! A simple way of having a nice breakfast or dessert. If you didn’t know this recipe, please, try it and tell me your opinion, if you did, please let me know how do you cook it!
Hope you liked it. Happy Friday!