Here we are again! Today I will share an easy recipe that I will always love… It’s so easy and such a delight…(sigh) but first I want to share some new things…
My sister received her birthday present (the crochet hat) and she sent me this beautiful picture:
Isn’t she beautiful? Here she is wearing the hat and the scarf that I made here for last Christmas. I really love this picture, she is so spontaneous… Well, this is one of my sisters, her name is Karla. We are three and love spending time together, it’s so funny!
Let’s talk now about the recipe… I learned it thanks to a friend of my mom, she is a very good cook and this is one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve ever tried. It’s perfect for a big meal with friends and for a mid-afternoon snack.
WARNING!!!! – This is a very addictive dessert so be shure you eat it with someone else or you won’t be able to stop till you finish it.
- A cup of milk.
- 125 gr (4.5 oz aprox) of chocolate (I use confectionery’s).
- 125 gr of sugar.
- 75 gr (2.6 oz aprox) of butter.
- 3 egg yolks.
- 4 egg whites.
- A tablespoon flour.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF).
- Heat milk, chocolate, sugar and butter until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Slow down the heat and add the yolks one by one.
- Add the flour.
- Allow to warm the mixture while you beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add them to the mixture.
- Prepare a mold with greaseproof paper or butter and flour and put the mixture in.
- Bake for 30 minutes. I usually bake it with the heat down until 10 minutes left and then I add the upper heat.
- Cool on rack.
You can serve it cold, as my mom’s friend suggested me or you can heat it on the microwave and serve with some vanilla ice cream (this is fabulous for dessert!).