Today I want to share one of my classics… A very easy and tasty dish. I love to eat it with some toasts topped with grated tomato and served with a salad.
Here we go!
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium potatoes
- half an onion
- a bit of salt
- oil (we use to cook with olive but another one is ok, one thing is important you have in mind is that you’ll eat great part of it while eating the omelette so the more better quality the healthier it will be).
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into pieces about 3 mm thick.
- Slice the onion too.
- Heat the oil on a nonstick pan. Don’t fill the pan with too much oil.
- Fry the potatoes and the onion over medium heat. Don’t fry them too much, they will cook a bit more once you mix them with egg and, this is an important part, they should never get brown.
- Beat the eggs and in the same pan mix them with the fried potatoes and onion.
- Slow down the heat and use a wooden spatula to hole the base to allow liquid egg geting solid.
- Once almost all the egg gets solid, flip the omelette using a flat plate or a cooking lid.
- Cook about 8 minutes more at minimum heat.
This dish is quick and very easy but you have to be patient, cook it at medium-low heat.
Please let me know if you try it! I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it.
See you soon!